Deadline to Apply: September 28, 2020
Proposed Virtual Workshop Schedule: October 2020 – January 2021
With the support of a major gift from Eric Schmidt ’76, his wife Wendy, and the Schmidt Futures Foundation, the Center for Statistics and Machine Learning (CSML) is pleased to sponsor virtual workshops on Data Science at Princeton. Our objective is to fund inter-disciplinary virtual workshops or events with high potential for subsequent impact on the research community. To achieve these ends, we invite all ideas for hosting a virtual collaborative workshop or mini-course. We invite proposals from a diversity of intellectual approaches and personal backgrounds.
Due to ongoing concerns and public safety and health restrictions associated with COVID-19, all fall term 2020 workshop/mini-course will be hosted as online events only. A call for on-campus workshops proposals will be announced in the spring if the campus reopens.
Tenured and tenure-track Princeton faculty are invited to apply. Groups of Post-doctoral fellows and/or graduate students are also encouraged to apply with faculty sponsor support.
- Networks and Machine Learning
- Security and Privacy
- Chemical Synthesis and Machine Learning
- Machine Learning for Medical Testing and Image Analysis
- Physics and Machine Learning
CSML and DataX will provide:
- Administrative support, including technical support with facilitating virtual workshops
- Advertising and promoting the virtual workshops on CSML website and other social media events calendars
Virtual Workshop Proposal Preparation and Submission Instructions
- Title of Workshop/Event
- Names of Organizers (and faculty sponsor if needed)
- Approximate duration and proposed timeline
- Brief statement about the workshop topic, objectives, and benefits.
Please submit your proposal through the DataX Proposal Submission Webform.
NOTE: A story about the workshop and its progress may be used on the CSML website.
Would You Like to Discuss an Idea or Have Additional Questions?
Please Contact: DataX Project Manager, Ellen DiPippo (email@example.com)
About CSML: The Center for Statistics and Machine Learning collaborates on research and teaching that combines insights from computation, machine learning, statistics and the application of these ideas to specific application domains. To learn more, visit the CSML website at https://csml.princeton.edu/