Class participants should watch the prerequisite short videos prior to the live workshop. Link to videos are below.
About this Event
This workshop is an introduction to working with data in the cloud on Azure. You will walk through the different data structures and how they can be managed, consumed, and accessed in Azure. This workshop also explores solutions and integrations with common tools used for extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes. You will leave with an improved understanding of Azure’s data ecosystem and where your existing data fits within it.
- Azure 101: Cloud Basics and Getting Started
- Azure Machine Learning
- Azure Data Management and Storage (This Course)
In this course, we will cover the following topics:
• Benefits of working with data in the cloud and review of terminology
• Relational data with Azure SQL and Azure MySQL Database, and more
• Files and blobs with Azure Storage
• Additional tools and services and strategies for migrating data to Azure and options for computation.
And you will complete the following hands-on exercises:
• How to transform data to another type with Azure Data Factory
• Integration with Jupyter Notebooks in Azure Machine Learning Studio
• On-demand course videos: https://aka.ms/university-azure/DataOnAzure
• Scheduled Live Office Hours with Course Instructor
Participants should review the videos from Azure 101 before attending this workshop.
Links to the Virtual Workshop will be provided a few days prior to the event.
Each workshop requires its own separate registration.