CSML Undergraduate Summer Research Award
The Center for Statistics and Machine Learning's Undergraduate Summer Research Award will provide a grant(s) to currently enrolled Princeton undergraduate student(s) to help cover the expense of staying on campus over the summer while they work on a research project with a faculty mentor. Applications must meet the requirements listed below and include all attachments and explanations requested. The max amount per award is $4,500 and up to two awards may be granted. Awards are meant to help cover the expense of living on campus and meals during the summer. While enrollment in the SML certificate program is not required, students enrolled for the certificate will be given preference. The deadline for applications is March 21st and awards will be announced by April 15th. If you have questions, please email email@example.com. All applications and payments will be made through SAFE.
- Princeton enrolled undergraduate students (preference given to SML certificate students)
- Research over the summer with a Princeton faculty mentor ~ include a letter of nomination and support from the faculty mentor
- Research must be relevant to statistics and machine learning - include an outline of the research plan
- $4,500 max award (meant to cover the cost of living on campus and food during the summer)
- Short write up about how this research project will impact your education here at Princeton and beyond (no more than one page)
CSML Undergraduate Certificate Scholarly Travel Fund
The Center for Statistics and Machine Learning's Undergraduate Certificate Scholarly Travel Fund will provide a grant(s) to currently enrolled Undergraduate Certificate Program student(s) to present at a conference, seminar or workshop in a field closely related to statistics and machine learning. Applications must meet the requirements listed below and include all attachments and explanations requested. The max amount of an award for this academic year is $500 and may be distributed to one or more students. Awards will be reviewed and granted by CSML on a rolling basis. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SML Undergraduate Certificate enrolled students only
- Travel/event within current academic year-must be before graduation if senior
- Must present at conference (talk or poster)-include a description of your work
- Conference must be relevant to statistics and machine learning - include a summary of the event you plan to attend, including an explanation of the relevance
- Submit a copy of the acceptance letter for your work being presented
- CSML support should be acknowledged in the talk or poster at the event
- $500 max award